Thursday, October 11, 2012

Emily was born second.

This morning was a morning like any other...me rushing to get the girls ready.  I was actually on top of things and had everything ready to go this morning.  Which in my head meant that I could slack off.  And I did...until the last minute...leaving the same rush as always...sigh.  

Anyway,  I was doing Olivia's hair first, actually second because I had already done Abby's hair.  Shhh...don't tell Emily because this would make her argument invalid.  So Emily started fussing that she didn't want to be second.  And then Olivia thought it would be nice to point out how cool it was that Emily would go second, just like how she was the second one born.  Well, Emily lost it...a real crying, screaming fit about how she didn't want to be born second.  I wasn't sure how to reply.  I might have uttered, "ummm...sorry?"  We all know it didn't really matter - 3 year old brains in meltdown mode don't comprehend much of anything.  She got over it after a hug and then lost it again because I was going to put my shoes on and she didn't want me to.   

I guess this is what Jim feels like when he looks at me and says, "I can't imagine what it must be like to be inside that brain of yours."  So at least we know she comes by crazy honestly. 

No comments: